e –Voice Of Human Rights Watch – e-news weekly
Spreading the light of humanity & freedom
Editor : Nagaraj.M.R.........vol.3…issue.10................19/05/2007
M/S RPG CABLES LTD , an industry located at
Without due permission of the customers & in violation of customer contracts, these executives are effecting deviations in the process like using recycled products, processing at higher speeds & using the approved materials at the ends of the cable ie testing lengths only , in between the cable length non-conforming raw materials are used. Thereby, these executives are cheating the customers like BSNL, PGCIL, GAIL, MTNL, etc since years. Many cables are failing at fields , if thorough inspection is done many more will cometo light. The company is made to pay huge penalties , even suffered blacklisting all due to the greedy actions of senior executives. There is no proper tendering procedure while purchasing raw materials or disposal of machineries . The money is siphoned-off to sister companies by offering low interest loans,selling the shares at undervalue or by purchasing shares at inflated price , etc. There is no proper documentation or tax payments for the flow of goods between M/S RPG CABLES LTD, MYSORE & M/S CONCEPTA CABLES LTD,
These type of ill-gotten wealth of various industrialists & traders in
The shameful part is that inspite of so much of cheating by the said company ie by it’s executives , now the government through BIFR has given loans again to this company. Definitely this money to the tune of crores will disappear in the black hole too . God save my country.
JAI HIND . VANDE MATARAM.
RPG CABLES LTD & SUDARSHAN TELECOM
-Are they adhering to environmental norms ?
These two private companies situated at
wake-up labour commissioner & chief inspector of factories,government of karnataka.
- illegal, unfair labour practices by M/S RPG CABLES LTD MYSORE , M/S VARSHACABLES LTD MYSORE , M/S FINECORE CABLES LTD ,
In M/S RPG Cables Ltd , the workers are forced to work in hazardous atmosphere without proper safety gears , safety shoes & forced to lift/push heavier loads . They are forced to work throughout the night shift even without mandatory½ hour break. labour laws are flouted rampantly , some of the workers are suffering from health problems due to exposure to the fumes of hazardous chemicals like M.E.K , polythene compounds , petroleum jelly , optic fibre materials. The management has illegally retrenched number of workmen from the service &has appointed number of casual labourers in their place . to by-pass the law they have even outsourced some works.
In M/S VARSHA CABLES & M/S FINECORE CABLES and it's sister concerns ,workers are subjected to work in hazardous conditions. First of all , the machine layout , the space for material movement, & storage space is so congested that the accidents are definite to happen. There are allegations that some of the workers are not even paid nominal wages & are not even covered by E.S.I , P.F. the workers are not even provided with appropriate safety gears . To escape from legal prosecution the names of workers are not maintained in muster rolls instead it is just entered in a note book. Provisions of drinking water , urinals , first aid , etc are poor. The workers are forced to inhale the fumes of polythene compounds ,petroleum jelly , etc and forced to lift/push heavier loads . even women workers are made to work for long hours. Are the factory inspectorate & labour department sleeping ?
This is a company promoted by longtime supporter & congress M.P (member of parliament ), mr. R.P . GOENKA. the company was blacklisted by the supreme court of india in 1996.the company was subjected to inspection by department of telecommunications& tax authorities ,for various violations of contract ,tax laws , etc ,time & again ,however each time it was MANAGED WELL.
Due to various wrong decisions of the management like purchase of wrong raw materials(not up to customer requirements),changing process parameters and using reworked/recycled materials, all in violation of CONTRACTS WITH THE CUSTOMERS(like BSNL , MTNL , PGCIL , GAIL ) . thereby the customers were supplied with inferior quality products than those mentioned in the contract . as a result the company was forced to frequently pay-up penalties to the customers & to provide replacements to the customers ,all to the tune of crores of rupees .after opening up of CONCEPTA CABLES LTD in mysore beside the RPG CABLES LTD in mysore the materials used to be moved from one company to another without any documents or excise documents. the company has totally disregarded the safety & environmental norms. HOWEVER WHENEVERGOVERNMENT OFFICIALS CAME FOR INSPECTION THEY MANAGED IT SO WELL WITH THE AID OF FAKE DOCUMENTS.
The management frequently made large purchases from the market without calling for public bidding / tender. the management frequently gave loans/money advances to the sister concerns at low lending rates than the prevailing market rates. finally as a result the public –the Share holders , government , lending banks are cheated by the management.
subject : 1) illegal retrenchment by M/S RPG CABLES LIMITED.MYSORE.
2)THE NEGLIGENCE OF DUTY BY ASISSTANT LABOUR COMMISSIONER
3)refer : IDA-3/CR-152/2002-03 dated 25/05/04
I have brought the issue of illegal retrenchment of me by the above saidmanagement and other injustices , to the notice of honourable labourcommissioner on 15/05/04.in turn he directed the A.L.C MYSORE to take action& to send a report to him.on 02/07/04 the A.L.C mysore informed me that asthe same dispute of retrenchment has been filed by RPG CABLES EMPLOYEES UNION& as she has sent the failure report to the government , the matter is closed.
The A.L.C mysore has not taken into consideration the total number of employees(workman) working in RPG CABLES unit 1 &unit 2 mysore ,RPG CABLES branches at silvassa, raebarelli U.P. , thane , maharashtra and the marketing offices spread throught india, in the preceding 12 months .all these units are merged , a single entity with common registered office at mysore.
In my application dated 15/05/04 , i have raised other issues of injustices like ,damage to my health , occupational safety ,unfair labour practices , etc the A.L.C mysore has not treated those each issues as separate disputes and has clubbed everything with the issue of retrenchment & swept it away. why this negligence of duty ?
1. there are workman much junior to me in my category working in the company.
2. after effecting the retrenchment on 29/04/04 the management through oral orders has made internal transfers to my category .these new transferees are also much junior to me.
3. i was not paid equal wages for the work of equal value & quality.
4. i was made to lift, push weights more than 60kg all alone.
5.i was not provided safety gears against the fumes of methyl ethyl ketone ,petroleum jelly , H.D.P.E , L.D.P.E compounds.
6. i was not provided safety gears to handle optic fibre cable materials.
7. some times even hand gloves were not provided.
8. since 2 years i was not provided even safety shoes & clothings . the first-aid room is not properly equipped ,the accidents go unreported intentionally.
9. in night shifts i was not even provided the 1/2 hour rest interval. During overtime shift continuation also the 1/2 hour rest interval were not provided to me.
10. various machines are without proper safety guards .the D.G sets are operated by the personnel without D.G OPERATOR LICENCE.
11.no yearly employee health check-up nor the safety audit is conducted.
12. the scrap disposal is not proper ,the cables are burnt in the open ,the optic fibre cable scrap is thrown in the yard.
13. due to all these unhealthy work practices & surroundings , i have suffered health damages
14. the management has closed the canteen while conciliation was going on.
15.the management was paying rupees 8.00 as the canteen allowance plus subsidy for each day instead of rupees 9.50 which it was paying early to the canteen contractor.
16. the management effected the retrenchment while the conciliation proceedings were going on.
17. the management threatened me of dismissal if i don't resign from the union leadership.
18. the management didn't take into account the balance of working days of the previous year nor it was carried forward while giving EARNED LEAVE for the current year.
19. the management was not paying the monthly salary on the stipulated date.
20. the management didn't pay the full & final financial settlement on the last working day together with retrenchment notice .
HEREBY, I DO REQUEST YOUR KINDSELF TO TREAT THE EACH ISSUES AS SEPARATE DISPUTES , TO GIVE ME JUSTICE , TO ORDER MY RE-INSTATEMENT INTO SERVICE WITHFULL BACKWAGES, TO SECURE ME THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION TOWARDS HEALTH DAMAGES.
Sufferer of injustices
Edited , printed , published owned by NAGARAJ.M.R. @ #LIG-2 / 761,HUDCO FIRST STAGE , OPP WATER WORKS , LAXMIKANTANAGAR , HEBBAL ,MYSORE ………. 570017 INDIA……………………cell :09341820313
home page : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naghrw , http://groups.google.co.in/group/hrwepaper/,
http://indiapolicelaw.blogspot.com/ , http://hrwpaper.blogspot.com/ ,
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
A member of AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL INDIA